#2 Weird People, Weird Questions

I believe that the eyes is the key to your soul, character and thoughts. With practice and experience, you can know if the person is troubled, sad, happy, excited, strong will and even horny.


Which brings me to my Second Style Life Challenge: My mission is to have small talk with 5 strangers while looking them in the eye and afterwards taking note of their eye color.

Today was not normal, I met some people with weird suggestions, questions and reactions.


She fell asleep...Zzz..Zzz..Zzz.

Opener: "Directions+Action/Event"

I usually take the bus going to work. It usually takes me 40 minutes to get there but because of an on-going construction, it added extra 50 minutes to my travel time. While waiting, I decided to start my Second Style Life Mission and my first target was our bus conductor.


Here's how it went.

Me:Ate, dadaan po ba kayo ng harrison?(Miss, Are you passing by Harrison st?)
Bus Conductor: Oo.(Yes)
Me: Lagi bang traffic dito or dahil magbabagong taon lang?(Is it always traffic here or is it just because of the holiday season?)
Bus Conductor: Hindi, may ginagawa kasi jan sa may tulay. (No, it's because there's an on going construction at the bridge.)

I wanted to continue our conversation but noticed she wanted to do something else, so I decided to say thank you and started texting. A few minutes after, I looked back at her and behold,  she fell asleep on a three seater with her mouth wide open.  Like this. (So that's what she needed to do.)

Want my Medical Prescription?


Opener: "Smile+Ask her what's the problem"

After the bus, I take a 10 minute jeepney ride. You can click on the link to get a visual. This was the second place where I opened my second stranger. I told to myself that she should be either the one sitting in front of me or beside me. 


Two different strangers sat in front me but did not give me any eye-contact or even faced slightly in front of me. I noticed that it's easier to open a conversation with someone if they look at you or if there face is slightly facing your way. 

So I waited and then this lady was having a hard time getting up on the jeepney. She sat in front of me holing her which gave me an idea.

Me: (Smiling) Anu po problema sa tuhod niyo?(What's the problem with your knees?)
Passenger: Hindi ko alam basta na lang sumasakit kapag umaakyat ako ng hagdan pati kahit nakaupo( I don't know but my knee all of a sudden hurts every time I use the stairs and even when I'm seated down)


Apparently she arthritis on her right knee. Our conversation continued until I arrived at my stop. What's weird was, She asked me of remedies on how to lessen pain on her knee. Not only that but she also told me about the sugery she had on her breast. She was asking for any good ointments that I know. I was thinking, "What the fuck?! Is it me or does this lady actually think I'm a doctor. Maybe it was the glasses I was wearing at that time.

Whatta a Freaking Reaction!?

Opener: "Do you do this (action/event)? Did you (action/event)?"

I work as a fitness trainer at a Corporate Gym owned by a bank. I'm new  at this job. Everyone was a stranger to me. (Why am I so Lucky?) 


Say this middle age guy running the treadmill, I was thinking of an opener that would interest him. He was wearing a singlet with a "RUNRIO" logo on it. Runrio is a company that organizes marathons here in the Philippines owned by this guy Rio, who's known for his afro.


I heard some cool news about the guy which I shared to him.


Me: Tumatakbo ka ba madalas sa mga marathon?(Do you usually run in marathons?)
Gym Guy: Oo.(Yes)
Me: Natry mu na ung kay Coach Rio?(Have you tried running in an event organized by Coach Rio?)
Gym Guy: Madalas. Bakit?(Yes I regularly run at his events.)
Me: Alam mu ba ng propose na siya sa girlfriend niya last week lang?(Did you know he proposed to his girlfriend last week?)


You should have seen the look on his face, I think he actually knew the guy. It looks like this.


I wanted to eat but he pointed me somewhere else better...


Opener: "Where can I eat around here?"


I was out of work and wanted to eat dinner. Got my driver's license from the security officer, who I haven't talked to.



Me: Kuya, saan masarap kumain dito?(Sir, Where is the best place to eat around here?)
Security Officer: Sarado na kasi eh.Dyan sa may gilid maganda ata dun sa W930(he had a dubios smile on his face). (I think it's already closed but there is a restaurant just right around the corner it's called "W930".)
Me: Masarap kaya doon?! (Does the food taste good there?)
Security Officer: Oo, magugustohan mu pagkain dun.(Still with a dubious smile on his face). (Yes, you'll surely like the food there.)


So I went to where he pointed me. Saw the place and was looking the sign board of girl in her bras and panties . WTF! He gave me directions to a whore house. I was thinking of real food not pussy.


She Paid for Trike Fare!Wohoo!

I was down to my last stranger and was thinking of opening the person that will sit next to me on my way home but I F*****g failed. I choked. I wasn't able to open my freaking mouth.  


Got off the bus already but stranger number 5 is still not showing up.  I was praying for a miracle and then boom stranger number five came. 


She was a 40 year old lady who was waiting for a tricycle(click on a link for a visual), like me.


I opened her with a smile and then told her "Ang tagal naman ng tricycle(The tricycle is taking too long." We started chatting up, talked about where I worked, she worked, how many kids she have, what her husband does, what she does and surprisingly, I found out she knew my dad. The tricycle came and she insisted I rode with her. 


We having that grown up conversation about traffic,news, kids and work. It was stop and  about to pay but she insisted on paying my fare. Amazing end for an awesomely strange day.


Well that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment