# 3 The Awesomely Uncomfortable Task

Happy New Year! I'm just waiting for the fireworks to stop, so that I can go out and drink with my friends but in the meantime, I'll be writing about my awesome day 3.


 My 3rd Style Life Challenge had two requirements. First, I had to go out without taking a bath, shaving my mustache and putting on deodorant---which was so easy; Second, I needed to change the last four digits of my phone number, call that number and make them suggest a good movie to watch.

The first task was very easy. I'm used to going out without taking a bath while sporting a cave man lookBut what made my day 3 awesomely uncomfortable is the second mission. I always  thought that it was cool to do prank calls like what the some DJs' do here in the Philippines but the thought of me calling a complete stranger and not knowing how he or she will react. That's super scary. It F*****g freaks me out. 


The mission scared me so much that I didn't have any plans of finishing it on the day itself. I also texted a PUA Friend for motivation---thank you Rizal(not his real name).  What actually pushed me to do it is you guys---partly. I reminded myself of the reasons why I began this challenge, how important it is to me and  what would happen if I would not go through this process.


The book suggested to use this line, "Hi, Is Katie there? No? Well, maybe I can quickly ask you a quickly ask you this instead." I used the line with a few tweaks though.


Dug-dug. Dug-dug.. Dug-dug...


Before I could even type phone numbers, my heart was beating so fast I was palpitating. What made it even more nerve racking, is that I changed my phone number 1o times before anybody answered my call. The first one who answered my call was a guy. He had this deep voice that made me think his a huge bald guy ready to take me down and shower me with punches.


Ring  ring... Ring ring... Ring ring...
Me: Hello, Anjan po ba si Jen?(Hello, Is Jen there?)
Guy with a deep voice: Jen?Ay sorry wrong number.( Jen? Sorry you got the wrong number.)
Me: Ah ganun po ba. Dapat kasi tatanungin ko siya kung anung maganda panuodin na movie kasi MetroManila Film Fest. (Really? I was supposed to ask her what would be a good movie in the Metro Manila Film Fest.)
Guy with a deep voice: Hindi kasi ako masyadong mahilig manuod ng sine eh. Siguro "Panday" kasi special effects sa tv. (I don't like watching movie but I would say, "Panday" because their commercial on TV has good special effects.)
Me: Sige salamat po! Happy New Year!(Okay, Thank you. Happy New Year!)


After the I was so happy I texted Rizal and a couple of my close friends. I'm so excited for day 4. That's all for now. I'm going  out to get drunk tonight. Happy New Year Guys!


I'm outta here bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment