#1 The Easiest Way to Start a Conversation with a Stranger

Before I run you through  everything that happened, I'd like to greet you Belated Merry Christmas and Advance Happy New Year. I've been greeting everyone on Twitter and Facebook might as well do it here too. Christmas and New Year are the best days of the year. 


It's the only time we see everyone happy despite of hardships, tragedy and sadness plus it's the best time to start talking about day 1 before I get carried away. Enjoy!

Talking to strangers has always been my thing but I've never done it intentionally. I can ask for directions and open a group but that's all there is. Starting a conversation or going into an actual conversation freaks me out. I don't like the idea of being in control and  making small talk with  anyone. 



My First Style Life Challenge: I need to start a conversation with 5 random strangers. 


I was thinking, How I could I F*****g pull this off, without screwing it up?! I was ultimately scared but instead of letting fear stop me I sucked it  up and fought through it.


I started thinking of possible openers, writing it down on my cellphone and watching videos on YOUTUBE. Good thing I chanced upon this video that gave me a awesome idea. You should watch it first.




Amazing right! The magic formula is  "ask for directions + describe the place/event you'll be going to=instant open".  Thank God to whoever posted this video, I will shower you with my kisses and love.(Now that's Gay!)


Luckily that day I was going to a place that I was not familiar with and my family was there to watch the flying circus, so I used it to my advantage. 

Here's the structure that I created:


Me:Sir, Paano ako punta Mall Of Asia galing dito?( Sir, How do I get to Mall of Asia from here? )
Stanger: DAdadadadadada...


then I would follow up with,


Me: Manunuod kasi ako ng "Flying Circus" kasama family ko, bonding namin for Christmas. Kayo ba saan nag-Christmas Family mu?( I would be watching the "Flying Circus" with my Family, it would be our bonding time this Christmas. How about you where did your family go?)
Stranger: DAdadadadadada...


This line worked like magic. It was so amazing, I was able to talk to 7 people. I'm really glad I actually did this, I'm so excited for day 2. I'm outta here Bitches!


Photo by henrywongsays

No comments:

Post a Comment